Hatch Enterprise is seeking two (2) new Trustees to join its Board. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of trustees and senior executive team and to support entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds who make a real difference in addressing social and environmental challenges.
Hatch is looking for Trustees from diverse backgrounds. You might come from a BAME, female leaders, disability or other diverse backgrounds, or have an understanding of the challenges that these entrepreneurs face.
ABOUT HATCH ENTERPRISE
We are one of the leading enterprise charities in the UK and we have grown 20% year on year through increased support from our partners, supporters and funders. Hatch works with 200 – 400 female founders and social entrepreneurs each year to grow smart ideas into successful businesses. Since 2014, we’ve worked with over 2000 entrepreneurs and we have built one of the most inclusive and holistic enterprise support eco-systems in London.
In addition to our award-winning incubator and accelerator programmes, we are launching our first impact investment fund in 2020. This is a new activity for Hatch that is strategically aligned to our work to support more diverse founders and social entrepreneurs, who struggle to get the right support and finance to grow their businesses.
Our London Changemaker Fund will invest in diverse entrepreneurs building smart solutions to social and environmental challenges, addressing at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
About the Role
We are looking for mission-aligned Trustees who can help us navigate the venture capital and/or impact investment world so we can support many more founders through the right provision of support and finance. As one of our Trustees, you will share the responsibility for Hatch’s governance, strategic oversight and ambassadorship.
- Strategic Objectives: Advise and guide the executive team (CEO and senior leaders in the organisation) towards a strategy that enables commercial success, sustainable organisational growth and social impact. Advance Hatch’s objectives and organisational mission to integrate enterprise support and the provision of finance for diverse founders and social entrepreneurs.
- Financial Objectives: Scrutinise the executive team’s financial reports and forecasts, offering counsel and direction on key financial decisions.
- Advocating and connecting: Expand the network, resources, and funds available to Hatch by making introductions and connecting the charity to relevant contacts in your network.
- Meeting Regulatory Requirements: Safeguard the beneficiaries and assets of the charity. Ensure that financial controls are in place, financial reporting is accurate, legal and fiduciary duties are fulfilled, and operational risks are appropriately managed. Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Act as a signatory (where necessary) to the financial statements or accounts.
- Being available: Meet with the Board 4-6 times a year in Central or South London.
You are committed to inclusive leadership, and have the time and ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic CEO, staff and Trustees to further develop a thriving organisation.
You have a strong professional track record and interest in entrepreneurship and (impact) finance, venture capital or private equity.
You are self-motivated, want to engage actively on behalf of the charity, can make introductions, and contribute to shaping the business model.
- Empathy and alignment with the charitable objectives of the organisation
- Financial skills from the venture capital, private equity, or impact investment industry
- Networks in the corporate, investment/ venture capital or charitable/foundation sector
- Time to dedicate to this role, regularly attending the 4 – 6 Board meetings
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to sound decision-making
- Energy and commitment to help Hatch develop its ambitious plans for growth
- Experience and/or knowledge of supporting early stage businesses or enterprises
Desirable (some of):
- Experience of developing, launching and growing a business or social venture to scale
- Understanding of the social enterprise, B-corp or profit with purpose sector
- Business development, fundraising, or corporate partnership track record
- Fundraising experience for an investment fund or have advised and worked with first-time fund managers
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Dirk Bischof (CEO) a current CV and supporting statement, detailing how you meet the criteria for this role and why you are the right person for Hatch Enterprise.