Your passion for well-crafted turns of phrase and inspiring content production will help our message (and our mission) to go further
Picture this: it’s two years from now and Hatch is about to launch a new programme within the online Female Founders Academy. You have produced 3 multi-media stories on Instagram and in the press that inspired thousands of women to visit our website the first two weeks of the campaign. Your sales copy on the landing page convinced them to get in touch with our Programme Manager resulting in hundreds of hot leads. Your retargeting ads on Google two weeks later convince another 200 women to join. Six months later, at graduation day, you are in the audience and hear them pitch, while the videographer you have briefed is producing a video on the impact of the programme for our Head of Partnership.
Our new Content Marketer job is an exciting position for someone who likes to work on lots of projects in different areas of the business (often at the same time!) and who is interested in knowing what worked and learn from what did not.
In a typical week, you might be:
- Writing compelling emails according to a sequence you would have crafted with our Programme Manager and Marketing Director
- Programming content on our different distribution channels
- Researching keywords to improve our SEO
- Translating our mission, vision and accomplishments into compelling and attractive documents for our corporate funders and ambassadors in collaboration with our Head of Partnerships
- Supporting each of the Programme Managers to develop content to promote our programmes
- Writing articles to send out to the Press and to our partners
- Reporting on the results of our marketing actions, including tracking and reporting on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates)
- Using your visual eye to select appealing images and videos to complement the text or working with suppliers to produce this content
- Updating our social media pages with compelling company news and stories.
- Curating the best content from other people to share on our distribution channels
- Your skills include SEO, keyword research and use of analytics tools like Google Analytics
- You have experience of producing copy for both B2B and B2C audiences on numerous platforms (social media, web pages, emails, printed reports) – perhaps you’ve worked as a copywriter before, or as a journalist or other similar roles?
- You either know how to apply a growth marketing strattegy or are very interested to learn
- You know how to create ‘evergreen’ content that can be re-used creatively
- You can work effectively with other content creators (video, image). It’s a bonus if you know how to use editing video and image editing tools yourself.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills – we’re a small and fast-paced team, and so these are important skills for us to work together well
ABOUT HATCH ENTERPRISE
Our mission is to build a fairer society by supporting diverse founders into business. We are one of the leading community enterprise charities in the UK and we have grown 25% year on year through increased support from our partners, supporters and funders. We support women and social entreprenerus through business workshops and mentoring programmes. We support women and social entrepreneurs through business workshops and mentoring programmes.
Over 6 years we have supported more than 500 entrepreneurs, and we have big plans for 2020. This is an exciting time to join our diverse team based at 55 East, our beautiful co-working and event space in East Street Market.
We’re not typical of the third sector. As you would expect from a charity focused on teaching start-up skills, we think and act like a business. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate, and our programmes are run by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs.
We care about nurturing our people and giving them the things they need to succeed. You’ll get a desktop Mac in our funky, cheerful, plant-filled office, with free tea and coffee. And, although we can’t afford to pay you like the private sector, we can offer you a generous holiday allowance (29 days plus bank holidays) and an annual training budget. We are also supportive of part-time working, and have many people on the team who work 4 days a week.
This job is offered as a 12 month contract initially, and the full-time salary will be in the region of £25,000 depending on experience.
Our mission is to increase diversity among business owners – and we want to do the same for our team. We are committed to representing a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to accommodate different people’s needs. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements – we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
We plan to fill this post by 15 September 2019 at the latest, so please send your application in as soon as possible.